Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Taunting

They sat there, taunting me with their silent awesomeness.  I had brought them out of storage for my girl to try on again, to see if they would offer her the comfort she seeks in a shoe.  They sat there on the floor for a couple of days and each time I saw them or walked past them, they spoke to me.  They told me the tales of the places they would go, the hikes and camping trips they would partake in.  They were practically screaming to me, causing great conflict.  Craving?  You bet.  They knew I could not resist.

Before long, two pairs of shoes with similar potential for greatness we're bounding across the country to be delivered to my doorstep.  They've now been here for three days, still housed in the outer box they were shipped in.  I've not yet set my eyes on them.  Will they live up to the greatness I've bestowed upon them?  Until I know otherwise, they absolutely will.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly true! The untested friend is the best friend. The unfinished blog, the best blog. We relish the potential within. Once tried, the friend proves less than worthy, the blog seems trite...
    Yet, when it isn't 'finished'...it is the most perfect moment of optimism. But it isn't real...
    Just our intentions and a prayer to the lesser God named 'Please'.'

    ReplyDelete