Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Tears

For those of you who have been following me for awhile, this one is a repeat.  While a few years old, its relevance is just as vital now.   Thanks for indulging me.


The fog settled heavy on the hills.  Clouds bursting with moisture hung like heavy pillows near the tree tops.  I looked up with envy as I drove my car around the bend in the highway.  Knowing where I was going but knowing where I belonged.  Life's distractions tend to overwhelm but once it's a pattern, you don't notice it anymore.  Until your own cloud bursts and the flood erodes the roots of life.

Got to get back out there, to smell the dirt and jump the rocks.  To open my mind in my hiking trance.  To be grooving along so fast, in such a meditative state, that I lose sense of time and being.  I float above the blazed path as the roots of life spread deeply in my emerging brain.  The rain falls in a steady cadence as my oblivion evolves into a simple understanding.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! The rhythm of a hike is transcendent. Lovely writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hiking here in Sedona this week has reminded me of the pleasures I get from hiking. Too bad I won't be able to hike back home until May!

    ReplyDelete